Thread: Football The Scottish Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 21-10-2012, 23:04   #96
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Re: The Scottish Football Thread

Hi London Road, I have been a football fan all my life and l am now nearly 61. When l was in my twenties, l went to home anad away games in England and Scotland, and both were very strong, Abedreen and Motherwell were very strong sides who couldn't touch Celtic or Rangers, l remember the days of the wee big man Johnson who played for Celtic.

I went to an old firm derby and it was big time football, and l went to Hearts and you could not get a seat in these grounds. Football in Scotland was big and could not be beaten by the English clubs. There was always big support for Scottish football, but sadly now when l see Scottish football, you see so many empty seats, and l believe that clubs now offer discounts to the fans that have hit hard times.

Scottish football at one time was big major stuff, its almost certain that Celtic will win the SPL and Rangers will get promoted.

Please don't get me wrong, football is not as strong as it was in Scotland and the clubs are suffering, and the players would not survive in the pace of EPL.

Thats why l said that if Celtic or any Scottish club would not survive in the EPL due to the pace of the game.

Spurs bought a player many years ago called Jones from a Scottish club and took him and played him alongside Steve Archibald, a Scot and sadly he didn't get to the pace that Tottenham wanted in the old First Division.

I watch for the results each week for Inverness Ally as l have a soft spot for them after watching a documentary on them several years ago, a fan from London flew up to Scotland each week to watch them play each week. (no it wasn't me|)
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote