View Single Post
Old 03-03-2021, 09:50   #8542
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Another opportunity to provide a yes or no answer well evaded. I'd actually applaud your persistence if it wasn't palpably ridiculous.
I avoided answering another stupid question about linear TV simply because it has been answered many times and you are just baiting me again and again. The question has not been evaded, it has been answered already, as you well know.

I really don’t think you are genuinely puzzled by what I have been saying at all. Streaming and video on demand will replace our scheduled TV channels. It’s very simple. Your ‘linear’ arguments are quite irrelevant to these persistent feigned misunderstandings and confusion.

---------- Post added at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
By speed and therefore by convenience. There are other reasons - less mental effort involved and it can be good to broaden your horizons and see something you wouldn't normally see.

You have to acknowledge that not everyone is the same. How do you search for films? By actor? By genre? By year of release? By franchise? By rating? By popularity? Content providers know people locate content differently and cater for these differences.

Back to TV. Rather than searching for content, some people are more than happy to whizz through their favourite channels until they see something they like. And the more housebound in the population may keep a linear channel on for company most of the day.
Whizzing through channels attempting to find something to watch is the most inefficient means of landing on a programme you actually want to see.

We’ve all done channel hopping and trawling through EPGs. It is frustrating and unrewarding. It would not be rocket science for the streamers to be able to put in place a randomised category if that’s what you really wanted!

Categorisation is very simple. First, you have choices such as films, TV shows, documentaries, news. You can then break that down into sub categories if you want a more focussed search, such as romantic films, thriller films, etc, and then further sub-categories if you wanted that. Additionally, of course, you could just do a normal title search.

So your quest for content could be as general or as focussed as you wanted.