View Single Post
Old 27-09-2017, 18:48   #452
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
I think it's fair to expect the Labour party to expose and root out the extremists and racists amongst them during their conference whether they have direct control or not. The trouble is that these people are seizing control of the party and propping up Corbyn, McDonnell et al and that's why nothing's being done about it. Nasty, intolerant, hypocrites.
The party did vote to make it easier to expel anti-seminites and the worst of behaviour of the conference would have been at the fringe events rather than the conference itself.

I think there is a problem with anti-semitism on the left and one of unfairly demonising opponents but I don't think it's limited to them. Certainly the latter is seen across the political divide.

I have pointed out the problem with Corbyn and the left before but I think you're losing perspective with the party as a whole.

I mean you brought up the 2008 crisis but the economic policies that led to that are far closer to what the Tories advocate than Corbyn. The current Tory party are much closer to New Labour than Corbyn's Labour, the latter want far more regulation, nationalised banks, financial transaction taxes and so on.

The only real thing they share with New Labour is the name.

Last edited by Damien; 27-09-2017 at 18:54.