View Single Post
Old 30-03-2008, 18:45   #67
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Mobile min/texts 300/300 no rollover from 28 april 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I just don't see what the big hang up over the text is as long as that isn't the only communication they have sent.
The hang up is that it is unprofessional to communicate such changes via text - I don't know how many more times I can say this and as I have already pointed out - its pointless sending out a letter, after they have sent the text, it's just a waste of paper and ink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr
I didn't think Virgin Mobile sent paper bills out, so most customers would be used to other communication methods.
They send out paper bills as I get one every month.

Quote:
As it is, they have sent a text, sent a letter AND put up a website. I don't see how covering all the avaliable communication methods is a BAD thing
Because they sent the text first before the other two methods which would have been the professional thing to do in the first intance.

Quote:
For customers who don't read the text, they get it in writing.

For those who don't read the letter, they get a text.

For those customers who don't read the text OR the letter, well then that is their fault
You are missing the point - No company who changes a massive aspect about their services, should be communicating this change via text and a rather vague one at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazzy View Post
The thread is really to do with the change and not the method of message delivery.
The thread is and can be about both.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote