Thread: Football Season 2016/2017
View Single Post
Old 28-04-2017, 22:29   #1122
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Football Season 2016/2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Someone said earlier payet was involved to...

Payet was someone I mentioned as a link between OM and West Ham, it however appears that it was speculation and the only club involved is Newcastle, West Ham were merely involved for documents, presumably those of Demba Ba pre-Newcastle move. There's then countless links between Newcastle and OM.

So this all appears to fall solely on Lee Charnley at Newcastle. As it's a HMRC issue, no punishment will fall to the club itself, Charnley could be in trouble of course and likely will be, the club itself could face a mediocre fine around £5 million, which is a Marveaux these days.... So nothing drastic.

Another twist however is speculation that HMRC have thus far botched the entire thing and there's growing pressure already for them to hurry up and produce something significant. The Guardian pointed out the heavy handed arrest and later being released without charge showing the whole case actually rests on finding something, not something they already had.

As for Charnley himself, well he and Mike Ashley discussed his future and the best way to put it was, they don't care about the HMRC investigation. Charnley will remain in charge and they're just going about their business. That would again suggest HMRC have made a dogs arse of it.

Personally I think they probably have being abusing the system via image rights. That's really as far as I could go, I don't understand the legality of it or law surrounding it so it'd be pointless saying more.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 28-04-2017 at 22:39.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote