View Single Post
Old 18-05-2017, 22:03   #25
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Floyd Mayweather tables £12.2m offer for McGregor to face him in a boxing ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
I think i'd face him in the ring for that. My corner would have instructions to throw the towel in after 0.1 seconds.
Whilst I get why you've made such a comment of course in jest There's actually stipulations to avoid such outcomes, payout restrictions in contracts etc. You can also be investigated for a number of things regarding getting yourself out as early as possible and taking the payout.

Example in point being Audley Harrison vs David Haye in which Audley landed a single jab until he was knocked down in round 3 and made no effort to recover. He was set to pocket millions from the fight, win or lose. He did get the payout, he was just a mediocre boxer that was past his best.. which isn't great, he was massively slower, massively outpaced, outpunched in every single way by a far better fighter that's a dynamite puncher, it was a total mismatch. The better question being how did Audley ever end up with a title fight in the first place.

Quote:
Harrison was stopped in the third round by Haye, having landed one jab.
"The Stewards of the Board have interviewed Audley Harrison MBE, have heard his explanation and will not be taking the matter any further," was the statement from the Boxing Board, which has the powers to retain a portion of a boxer's purse if it is adjudged that he did not give of his best.