View Single Post
Old 18-03-2019, 17:45   #206
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Climate Change - record World temp. rises in Feb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Why do you need an answer from me? I am not a climatologist which is why I defer to expects in those fields. I don't believe I need to know everything about a subject to accept it's true.

I don't even know the source for carbon being within normal parameters. However I did look up why a small amount of carbon can impact temperatures: https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...oxide-makes-u/
I wasn't meaning to press you for an answer, Damien! I have not been able to find the answer to that question myself. My response was prompted by your comment that there was no scientific basis to the views climate sceptics hold. I gave you one example.

Nobody is arguing that carbon isn't a greenhouse gas. However, if carbon absorption levels have not changed significantly, so what?

If you don't know everything about a subject as you claim here, then all the more reason to listen to alternative arguments rather than dismiss them out of hand.

Until I read about the hockey stick graph deception, I also assumed also that the claims of these scientists were correct. Not any more.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote