View Single Post
Old 06-10-2017, 16:02   #3747
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Don't forget the broadband price theone...

VM's cheapest BB (50Mb) full price on the website is £33
VM's cheapest Pay TV/BB/Phone (100Mb) full price is £55

£22 difference and by your figures Netflix/Amazon/Now TV is £25

Yes you can get cheaper broadband and yes you can get cheaper Now TV passes if you shop around and a yearly Amazon sub is also cheaper but the point is that it's not as cost effective as people think
I think I detailed in an earlier post that my online subs still work out quite expensive when BB is added into the cost but I still prefer to pay for what I want rather than for what I don't want in order to gain access to those services I will use.
Online subs are also far more flexible/useable when I'm on the go, Amazon, Now TV and Netflix are far superior viewed on my Surface Pro 4 when I'm out and about than the godawful TV Anywhere (from what I've read I assume Sky Go is just as bad)

Like many things you have to shop around or haggle to get the best deals, Now TV are the best for this if you're prepared to "speculate to accumulate", if you keep an eye out for good deals and buy in advance movies and entertainment work out much cheaper than the pay TV alternatives.
There are less or no deals going officially for sports on Now TV but if you play the game by paying full price for a month or two then try to leave invariably you'll be offered a deal of £20 a month for 3 months to stay.
I'm currently on an offer that I'll get 6 months of Sky Sports on Now TV for the grand total of £60, as I've waffled on a fair bit already I wont explain the intricacies of this unless anyone really wants to know.

The other advantage of some OTT services is that if someone wants to buy you a gift (Xmas, birthday etc) Netflix, Amazon, Now TV vouchers are freely available to buy, I wouldn't say they don't exist but I've never seen a VM or Sky voucher available.

Oh one last point from me, Netflix have only lost the rights to Fox shows in the US, as far as I can see non US rights are still free to the highest bidder which I will be bold enough to forecast in our fair isle for the foreseeable future will be Sky/Now TV, Amazon or Netflix.