View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 22:54   #2817
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Maybe not a set top box but SKY Mobile and a streaming stick? TeleTV on Digital SPY posted the following earlier today:

"Ive just had an email from sky asking me to take part in a survey for their ''exciting new service which is about to be launched'' SKY mobile.
Basically the questions all seemed to be about a new an improved version of sky go, Now tv a sky movies pack, sky sports pack and downloading your recordings to your phone to take with you to watch on the move, when your ready.
It also states that the new mobile service comes with a ''streaming stick'' so you can send anything on your phone to your tv, including your recordings that have been sent to your phone,
''Truly setting your TV free''
Everything thats in speech marks are what has been quoted during the survey.
Almost all of it, was would i use my mobile for these services, would that excite me watching sky one on the move, the latest films on the move yada yada yada.
the ''streaming stick'' can be plugged into almost any tv, meaning i can watch what i want when i want without the need for a sky box to be plugged into that TV,
The last part of the survey were so basic questions,
Do you think you will keep your sky TV subscription in the next 12 months?
Do you think you will keep your sky broadband and phone in the next 12 months?
Would you consider leaving sky for another service provider in the next 12 months?"

So from what I can gather there's going to be a new and improved SKY Go style app for mobile devices. You can get a streaming stick that will plug into any compatible TV. You can then send whatever your watching on your mobile device directly to the TV via the streaming stick. Programs you have recorded on your SKY+ box can also be accessed in someway, probably by transferring the recording to a cloud, via this new mobile app and streaming stick. This would fit in with the suggestion of a Netflix like interface.

If this is the big announcement next week there's going to be a lot of dissapointed people.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote