View Single Post
Old 27-02-2017, 22:07   #569
Bananaman_007
Inactive

Bananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really niceBananaman_007 is just really nice
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
The BBC save £30m by moving BBC3 online.

The BBC3 online channel still cost £30m.

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...nel-to-be.html

I can see BBC Two Scotland close with all the "Scottish shows" moving to BBC Scotland* - * as confirmed last week.

BBC is only adding £19m of new money - But BBC Scotland need to make £20m of UK Wide shows.

All the info was confirmed last week.

http://mediaboyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2...or-bbc-in.html
If your numbers are correct that is still 19 million of new money that was very much serving a greater need in my opinion.
I am 33 years old and do not feel that BBC caters for me in the slightest now they have done away with the BBC3 channel. Also because the budget for programming has shrunk (i seem to remember something about 12 million a year now they are online) they are taking far less risks. The type of shows they are commissioning for this online BBC3 have to also be suitable for a showing on BBC1 or 2, which i feel is stunting the type of content that the service is commissioning. They wasted money on a Top Gear spin off, FFS is that something that we really needed when nobody was watching the main Top Gear utter waste of time and money, but of course they did that because it was still a much safer option than something new. The BBC has a huge drama budget, i also do not want to see the BBC using money that is for BBC3 to basically commission and show dramas for BBC2 under the guise of this is BBC3. Where is the comedy that we were promised? We were promised the remit of this online BBC3 was going to be made you laugh or made you think and so far its done neither.

I was unhappy with the way it was the done but was a bit more accepting that ok there was a greater need for the BBC3 money. However that need was not to launch a +1 timeshift of BBC1, extend the hours of CBBC or launch BBC Scotland.

The gaul of it all is, i am forced to fund the BBC through a license fee i strongly oppose, because i choose to watch broadcast TV from other broadcasters that do provide a product that interests me.

Why do the Scottish get their own channel anyway? What about a service for the Welsh, English or Northern Irish? We all contribute to the license fee and do not have dedicated services.

Last edited by Bananaman_007; 27-02-2017 at 22:41.