View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 19:24   #1
Fubseh
Inactive

Fubseh is an unknown quantity at this point
Trying to get NTL Cable working with ADSL Router

Here's the story. My housemate went out and bought a laptop bundle from PCWorld this weekend. As part of the bundle he got a D-Link DSL-G604T ADSL router. His goal is to try and get wireless broadband through NTL on his new laptop.

Obviously the port in the router will not accept the Ethernet connection. My networking knowledge is limited, but I am pretty sure that if I connect the ethernet to one of the client ports on the router, it should still be able to route the internet connection.

I have got the internet working on a direct connection to the machine, and I have also managed to get the laptop connected to the router (both with cable and wirelessly).

Using the setpup:
NTL -> Cable Modem (NTL-250) -> ADSL Router -> PC
I cannot get any connection.

I have tried disabling the DHCP on the router, and that really didnt help.

Taking the router back isn't the easiest option since it came as part of a package. Also buying a proper wireless router isn't the best idea, since the person in question has very little disposable cash.

I have been trying on and off for a few days to get this working without success. If anyone has any help on this matter, it would be greatly appreciated.

Tahnks in advance for any tips.
Fubseh is offline   Reply With Quote