View Single Post
Old 26-07-2005, 22:12   #3
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star
Re: Wireless Problem

It's possible to do it 100% wirelessly but:
- you will need to set the PC connected to the STB up initially wired- if it's anything like mine, the setup routine for the router scours the pc whilst connected for settings, then asks you to set up:
PC --> Router --> STB
before copying the data over.
- as it's STB as opposed to SACM you may need to clone the WAN MAC on the router to the same as the one on the PC. Your router's manual will tell you how to do this.

But of course it's possible- and it works well! You're restricted of course with the location of the router- unless you get a long-ish lead it's tied to the TV. Whether this is central enough to get a decent signal in your uncle's house is difficult for me to ascertain if not impossible- but, try and get it as central as you can, at least from where he uses his PC and laptop. In both instances of whether he uses it ground or first floor, or either, higher is better as far as throughput is concerned (as it is for TVs)...

It's also possible for you to ditch the wired connection on your PC for a WLAN card if you so wish!

nffc is online now   Reply With Quote