View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 12:03   #31
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society
Re: Formula One Motor Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by homealone
good question - as far as I know the situation with BAR was a loophole they exploited, that has since been closed, effectively they got a new engine without penalty, because they didn't complete the race.

With Shumi & Heidfeld I don't know, Shumi's car was new, but are you sure it was a different engine??

the glimpse of A1 racing shown on 'fifth gear' last night looked interesting, 450bhp engines, slick tyres, no driver aids, but plenty of downforce. It is like a relaunch of F3000. Worth keeping an eye out for in September.
Yes BAR used a loophole to get a new engine for Malaysia which has been closed but then they failed to complete what was the first race for that engine, hence they should have got a 10 place grid penalty.

For Schuey the new engine wouldn't fit in the old car they were running.. I'm sure he used the new car and engine and so should have got a penalty but didn't ..

Now both Heidfeld and Fisi failed to finish this race for Heidfeld this was the second race on that engine but he failed to finish so should get a penalty for the next race as should Fisi but how can they get a penalty when neither BAR did ?

A1 looks good but I which they had gone for less aero on the cars and wider slicks then could have sent out a real message to F1 on how racing can be
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote