View Single Post
Old 20-03-2005, 14:00   #8
yesman

Re: Bury F.C in Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman
Sorry to hear about Bury's plight.
It seems to be the norm these days for football clubs who are not owned by mega rich chairman, or who are not premiership status to fall into financial difficulties.

Cambridge United had a "Fans United Day" only today as it happens and there was quite a turnout from other teams supporters, such as Sunderland, Norwich City, Peterborough United, West Ham United, Arsenal, Wrexham, Lincoln City, Brighton, plus a few others.

Wrexham's fans were in abundance as their plight is still ongoing ? I have to take my hat off to those guys who travelled all that distance to show support for fans united at Cambridge today.

At half time there was a photo call for the supporters of other teams to go on the pitch for the local newspaper, and I estimated there to be about 300 or so from various clubs around the country, it became quite an emotional event as the applause for these supporters lasted for about five minutes.

It was a fantastic day organised by CFU, so hats off to them, it is to early to know how much money was raised, but I suppose we will be informed in due course.

Good luck to Bury....
May I suggest that you make the plight known by posting here, here and here if you haven't already
Update on supporters who attended yesterday's "Fans United Day" at Cambridge which proves it works and helps..........

Clubs represented at Cambridge Utd Fans United Day:

Brighton, Wrexham, Norwich City (loads of fans of these first three clubs) plus:

Bolton, Ipswich, Arsenal, Tottenham, Leicester, Crewe, Maccabi Haifa, Leeds Utd, Leyton Orient, Reading, Paris Saint Germain, Aldershot, Boston United, AFC Wimbledon, Ipswich Town, Wigan., Sunderland, Dundee, Westfield FC, Southampton, Sheffield Wednesday, Glasgow Rangers, Lincoln City, Tranmere, Sheffield Utd, Everton, Bayer Leverkusen, Derby, Barcelona, Blackburn, Queens Park Rangers, Dulwich Hamlets!!, Flamengo, Stockport County, Liverpool, West Ham, Stoke, Schalke, Boston, Millwall, Glasgow Celtic, Kings Lynn, Manchester City, Juventus, Hull City, Chelsea, Notts County, AFC Wimbledon, Nottingham Forest, Crystal Palace, Sparta Prague, Partick Thistle, AS Roma, York City, AFC Bournemouth, Burnley, Manchester Utd, Sao Paulo, Middlesborough, Coventry, Fulham, Peterborough, Bristol City, Swansea, Cardiff, Torquay, Yeovil, West Bromwich Albion, Havant & Waterlooville, Newcastle United, Borussia Dortmund, Plymouth Argyle, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Aston Villa, Luton, Inverness Caledonian Thistle, Doncaster Rovers, Gillingham, West Row Gunners, Real Madrid and Wycombe Wanderers.

Other football tops spotted included Japan, Croatia, South Korea, Venezuala, Cameroon, New Zealand, Ireland and Germany!