View Single Post
Old 13-03-2005, 17:12   #1
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Router swap - Any likely problems?

Currently I have a Belkin router attached directly to my cable modem running 3 (sometimes 4) computers without any problems.

I'm going to be getting a new laptop in a couple of days and was wanting to swap over the existing router for a wireless one. I've aquired a Linksys wireless AP with switch and was wondering if anyone could shed any light on how easy it will be to swap them.

Is it simply a case of switching them over. Rebooting the cable modem and letting the router do the rest for the wired connections or will I need to change anything in the settings of the computers wired up the modem?

Any help/idea/experiences gratefully received.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote