View Single Post
Old 22-02-2005, 16:49   #4
Paul K
Inactive

Services: Sky HD + 16Mb ADSL BT Telephone
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Paul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered starsPaul K is seeing silvered stars
Re: Norton Uninstall

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
I would be tempted to use add/ remove to get rid of any and all remaining symantec tools and then I would back up the registry and then manually search it for entries to delete.
Before that though I would think about installing a free AV like AVG etc to cover you while you are sorting out the Symantec problem
Cheers - hopefully I'll get it sorted soon but my NIS subscription is due soon and at this rate they can whistle. Still no sign of the promised phone call. These people sure do take the garibaldi.

What's PC-cillin like anyone?
Like most things you hear good and bad things Unfortunately I have heard many stories of Symantec software not fully unloading all it's stuff occassionally. Then again I've heard stories about software that I use and I've yet to suffer the same fate lol.
Any good Anti-Virus and firewall combination would be an improvement on your lack of working software at the moment though Personally I use Kerio and AVG but I have used several firewalls in the past including Zone Alarm and Nortons Internet Security suite. These days I prefer to use a stand alone tool rather than a suite in case something goes wrong and I have to strip the remains out of the registry manually
Paul K is offline   Reply With Quote