View Single Post
Old 14-01-2005, 19:21   #76
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Re: No Wireless Networks were found in range

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisauk
Both machines are running XP i do not have to log in I do not have this set up.
Ok, that sounds like the cause of the problem then. You should really have User Accounts with passwords set up on both machines.

Quote:
I do have a firewall I have zonealarm on both.
Ok, this may present a problem later but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

Quote:
I have not read the details you posted sorry.

I am dyslexic and reading to much info really does fry my brain.
Apologies, I had not considered that possibility when I posted those links. I will try to pull out the relevant information and post that for you in future responses.

Quote:
I do need someone to tell me how to try and ping one machine from the other.
John's post above gives very good instructions for doing this (reminder to self, must RP John ).

See how you get on with the PING, would strongly recommend that you set up Passwords for the accounts on both machine as this will be hindering progress on getting this solved.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote