View Single Post
Old 13-01-2005, 22:19   #60
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Re: No Wireless Networks were found in range

I take it that the internet connections are still working ok and that you have a wireless connection that is stable and running fine?

On the laptop you need to have the drivers for the printer installed (I think). You will also probably need to install the printer as a network printer:

Try - START > CONTROL PANEL > PRINTERS AND FAXES > ADD PRINTER

Windows should ask if you want to install a local printer (attached to this computer) or a network printer, select the network printer option. So long as you have file and printer sharing enabled on the desktop it should be able to pick it up.

I seem to remember that there is another setting that you need to enable as well (something about binding File and Printer sharing to one of the network protocols) but I can't remember which it is yet. Give me a while and I will see what I can find for you.
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote