View Single Post
Old 15-05-2024, 19:51   #851
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
That’s not what I asked - I asked what the difference was?

---------- Post added at 11:41 ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 ----------

They tend to be one programme channels (eg the Generation Game channel), they are streamed and you cannot record the programmes. They are generally low quality channels containing programmes that have seen better days.

I must say, they do make you appreciate our traditional channels, despite the fact that they’ve dumbed down in recent years.

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
And conventional TV channels are becoming more like FAST channels. Channels like the forthcoming Rewind TV and Talking Pictures are pretty indistinguishable from FAST channels with no announcers and old content. The only difference is they're delivered over satellite and transmitters and not broadband.

I'm also sure that FAST channels are not a new thing and pre-date Old Boy's predictions. Pluto TV is ten years old and my Samsung had them on it back in 2017.
That seems to be the way our channels are heading because more of the decent stuff is being routed towards the streamers as time goes on.

I doubt that I was aware of Pluto back in 2015 and I don’t think that many of us were. However, these are not the channels I had in mind when I said everything would be on demand in all likelihood by 2035.