View Single Post
Old 14-05-2024, 02:16   #649
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Online Safety Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
I think it'll be 'Are you 18?' - Yes or No. The robust part will mean that it'll come up with 'Are you sure'? - Just to be safe...

How many children actually have any kind of ID? A passport maybe.
Good point, but adults will. I think that the way it will work is that anyone unable to prove they're over 18 won't be allowed onto sites not appropriate for children.

---------- Post added at 01:43 ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
‘ The new robust age verification requirement’

This keeps getting thrown about by politicians etc and not one of them can speak to what it is on what it will consist of they just keep repeating ‘ The new robust age verification requirement’

It won’t happen
I can understand your cynicism as this has been promised in the past and not followed through.

I have met Dame Melanie Dawes and she is a very determined woman who now has the backing of the law requiring the protection of children.

---------- Post added at 01:43 ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
‘ The new robust age verification requirement’

This keeps getting thrown about by politicians etc and not one of them can speak to what it is on what it will consist of they just keep repeating ‘ The new robust age verification requirement’

It won’t happen
I can understand your cynicism as this has been promised in the past and not followed through.

I have met Dame Melanie Dawes and she is a very determined woman who now has the backing of the law requiring the protection of children.

---------- Post added at 01:55 ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 ----------

The Dark Net is often used by some people for illegal content such as paedophilia. David Cameron said that the National Security Council that he chairs has already made this a security priority

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/w3ct5yzm

---------- Post added at 02:01 ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 ----------

A doctor on ITV reported yesterday morning that by the age of 11 91% of kids have a smartphone and that 40% of these will be classified as overweight/obese.

He blames this on mindless eating whilst looking at a screen so that they do not recognise when they are full.

Something else for parents to think about.

---------- Post added at 02:16 ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Paul

Is it possible to block a whole thread from showing up when i scroll through the forum. I understand i can block a person but can i block a complete thread.
There are lots of threads that I have no interest in on here, so I just ignore them and hope that those participating have an enjoyable & fruitful discussion.

I certainly don't go in and start making negative remarks. Just ignore it and use your time interacting on those that you do find interesting if you have no interest in the attempts being made to protect the vulnerable/children.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote