Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2024, 09:45   #2437
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You, apparently, were one of the ones who mulishly insisted on your personal freedoms whilst cheerfully ignoring the wider society.
It transpired that it was all about personal choice and personal safety.

Not everyone needed the vaccine, if you were fit and healthy and under 50-60 years of age you most likely didn't need it and you had to weigh up the risks of, what was then, an under tested vaccine v's the risks of fighting it off yourself.

I took the vaccine, not for wider society, but because I wanted to travel abroad to play golf. I was also mid-fifties, not unfit but could be fitter etc.

There was no way I was going have my kids vaccinated, as they didn't need it.

As it turned out the vaccines didn't stop you from getting COVID, didn't stop you from spreading COVID and future strains were milder so you probably didn't need it for them.

There was a claim that the vaccines made you "less ill" but there was no way to verify that, as I say, future strains were milder.

So to chastise someone for not getting the vaccine, comes across as a bit churlish.

If you got vaccinated good for you but no one else owes you that they should do it.