View Single Post
Old 24-04-2024, 20:40   #1
crazyswede
cf.member

crazyswede is on a distinguished roadcrazyswede is on a distinguished road
Underground cable installation question

Hi, this is my first post and I hope I’m posting in the right place!

I have come home from work this evening, to find a bright green line painted on my land. It leads from a TV Internet manhole cover on the pavement, across my land, then across shared neighbours land, and terminates at the door of one of my neighbours. She says it’s for her new virgin Internet.

Matters are complicated slightly inasmuch as all of the land in question is listed. Moreover, my deeds state that I own my portion of the land and that I have to give neighbours right of access to their homes. They live in a courtyard, and I live in the Gatehouse to the courtyard. My home is above an archway, and it’s under the arch where the bright green line has been drawn - that is the portion of land that I own on my deeds. ( it is not a public right of way I just have to give access to the neighbours that live in the courtyard).

My neighbour does not seem to think there be any problem with the listed cobbles being dug up. However, I have received no notice from any utilities companies that this is going to take place and I am concerned that if they damage anything under my portion of the land, then I’ll be responsible to have to put it right.
Where do I stand on this legally please?
crazyswede is offline   Reply With Quote