View Single Post
Old 26-03-2024, 18:10   #137
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Smart Meter, Yae or Nae?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
You (they) seem to have a lot of faith in the private sector to not utilise the opportunity to price gouge for demand that cannot be moved around - being cold in winter - under the guise of dynamic pricing.

“Sorry folks the it wasn’t us it was the algorithm”.

Whether society at large could benefit from this is irrelevant to me anyway, I consume less than the average for electricity and gas. My usage is almost entirely inconsequential. If there’s efficiencies to be had - and presumably money to be saved - that needs to reach the pockets of end users and not shareholders.

In the absence of anything concrete they can keep threatening to pap me onto the variable tariff - which on 1st April is cheaper than my fix (until July) anyway.
No, I am with you on this. The "private" energy sector will absolutely try and roger the consumer. OFGEM is useless, in fact you might think they are actually employees of the Energy companies. The only hope is for a new Government to bring the energy sector back into public ownership and restructure it for the long term benefit of the consumers and the country. Let's see ...