View Single Post
Old 14-02-2024, 20:57   #806
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
So 9 channels Ive never even heard of have dropped from a system I've never used. Ok.

The only thing in that article that remotely bothers me is the loss of Sky Satellite.
Sky Stream is not a suitable replacement unless they build in a recording or download system.
The mangled method they use atm is just bad, not to mention my TV still works when the internet fails.
I'm utterly pissed off that I can't record on Stream.

As I said on this site somewhere a few years ago, I was suspicious that all this new fangled streaming was simply bookmarks on servers to ondemand shows and that's exactly what Sky Stream is. I hate it.

Once we lose our conventional linear tv system, we'll never get it back and all the power won from the days of the wars over recording onto VHS will be lost to the American tech giants aka New Hollywood.

And my tv doesn't work when the internet fails, nor does my phone. But hey, that's progress...