View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 17:39   #87
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: Online Safety Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
I think the media have defined the term ‘online tape’ to sensationalise with their actually being no specific actual offence of that nature.

Am I going to get investigated for shooting someone in call of duty and causing them to ‘die’ will that be ‘online murder’ ?

Or perhaps ‘online manslaughter’ for accidentally running over someone in GTA V or ‘online armed robbery’
What you say is the argument. Would you call the police to say you've been shot in a game. How do you define rape in VR. Okay you might have the use of hands attached to your avatar within VR (I use VR a lot). But you don't have appendages etc. So does continuously moving back and forth with your avatar onto another avatar is that now is classed as rape?? It is insulting to those that are the real victims of such crimes.

I don't agree with verbal abuse online, or in any game or whatever but that is rife but it's just noise that you can just ignore. But within VR all you need to do is log out, or take off the headset if it becomes an issue. But where there's blame there's a claim for some.