View Single Post
Old 30-09-2023, 22:18   #948
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: GB News / Talk TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
You need to have a high bar to ban a TV channel IMO. GB News will skirt it occasionally but they're not close to being shut down.

The fact they suspended them probably helps them with Ofcom as well. They sort of invite this needlessly though by continuing to try and push the envelope and wind people up, they want to upset people but sometimes they go too far.

Not sure how they get away with the government interviewing other members of the government though.
Well, plastic fantastic motor mouth Vorderman, made a complaint to ofcom before it broadcast, the dimwit not realising they deal with post broadcast material. I don’t watch Anderson’s show so didn’t see it, but apparently as long as he had someone else to counter Lee, it would/should be okay.

---------- Post added at 22:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Yes, I had a point as you well know. A TV "News" channel having multiple members of the current Government having shows where they push the Government spin together with cosy chats where they "interview" each other, give me a break!

The channel is a parody of credibility. It may suit your world view but don't for one minute claim it is an objective News channel.
More credible than the BBC & woke ITV. Channel 4 are Labour mouthpieces. Sky News is abysmal now that it’s owned by the liberal Comcast, from the U.S.

---------- Post added at 22:18 ---------- Previous post was at 22:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Mick … sorry for teaching granny to suck eggs here, but this is a topic-based discussion forum. There’s nothing hypocritical about sticking to the topic denoted by the thread title. You’re being quite unfair to other posters here, accusing them of moral failing when the only thing they’re manifestly doing is discussing the topic as set.

There’s absolutely nothing stopping anyone starting a thread called ‘cancel the nonce-enabling BBC’ if they want, but nobody should be criticised for not starting that thread.
Chris, please don’t lecture me what a discussion forum is, having part owned this one for 20 years, I don’t need telling & if I want to carry on raising hypocrisy, where I see it, I will.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote