View Single Post
Old 07-07-2023, 17:42   #5267
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Britain outside the EU

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post

The irony you say I don’t listen then completely ignore that I offered two options.
The other being that they are idiots? I didn’t ignore that, I treated it with the disdain it deserved. People aren’t idiots or liars simply because they disagree with your point of view.

Quote:

I fail to see how anyone outside of Government could have any influence on negotiations at all. The Conservatives own this.
I’ve answered that, but clearly you want us to forget what the remainers did. Brexiteers have not forgotten.

Quote:

I’m not even sure what you are trying to say here. The Conservatives chose May. Prominent members of her Cabinet have served throughout to this day.

Your attempts at deflection are as transparent as they are tedious.

The EU acted entirely rationally. They’ve been underestimated throughout. None of this is a surprise to anyone who wasn’t blinkered by ideology.
You are repeating yourself and I have already agreed with you that the EU acted rationally from their perspective. The thing you won’t acknowledge is the role of the remainers at the time, who did their absolute best to sabotage the whole thing, despite the result of the referendum.

Yes, the Conservatives chose May, but clearly, you cannot know in advance what the elected leader will do. That’s on her, and it was the start of her downfall.

The only deflection going on is yours, because you lay every problem we have at the door of the Conservatives without acknowledging the role others played in attempting to wreck the deal that was required.