View Single Post
Old 01-01-2023, 13:07   #654
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future of television

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
No, just factual accuracy and correct use of language - you should try it, you might like it…

A timetable is a schedule of things that are going to happen at a certain time - that article was a mixture of things that were going to happen and of things that may happen

Happy New Year to you and yours.
Thank you. Incidentally, I agree with you at last. All I’m doing is supporting my original prediction, which some are taking far too rigidly. I have acknowledged quite a number of times that the prediction is just what I think will happen, and if the facts change on the ground, such as a failure to roll out broadband as indicated by the government, or a decision not to permit the broadcast bandwidth for mobile services, then 2035 won’t be achievable. However, as things currently stand, we are on target to be IPTV only by the date I set originally about seven years ago now - by 2035.

I think the one thing people find it difficult to accept is my assertion that the channels are likely to disappear in favour of content being categorised instead. I said that because content is easier to manage for the broadcasters if it is done that way rather than scheduled. Additionally, as people get used to IPTV, most are likely to prefer watching what they want, when they want.

In case of doubt, although I have already made this clear, I’m talking about the existing EPG channels on Sky and Virgin, not the FAST channels, which will attract a smaller number of niche viewers. It is worth saying that even Pluto is prioritising ‘on demand’ viewing over scheduled viewing, which appears to indicate I was right to say that this is the option most people would choose in the future.