View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 15:20   #1523
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: Police to get tough on internet trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
This post, however, when taken together with all previous posts and compared to how he speaks to others could be viewed as unlawful discrimination and harrassment by Ofcom.
Do we really need to go trawling through all your past posts?

Quote:
Continuing to contact or refer to someone who has expressly asked them not to is an offence under the Harrassment Act, be it in person, over the phone, by electronic means or in any other way, be it in public or in private. I imagine that a very dim view indeed would be taken of someone who chose to blatantly disregard the law and then went on to publicly mock it's effectiveness.
I refer you to my private message of 07:58 23rd August 2016.

Quote:
Referring to a person's known neuro diversity as 'an excuse' and being deliberately disparaging about their attempts to communicate as 'daft' is unlawful under the Equality Act.
Q.E.D.

Quote:
I'm surprised that he doesn't know this and would proceed to do it as a Mental Health First Aider, you'd think he'd know better.
You're not doing anyone any favours if you're not honest with them. What should you say to someone who's in the midst of a psychotic episode and are threatening to use violence because they think (wrongly) that violence will make everything right and everyone will agree they've done the right thing?

Quote:
In a real life situation, would an attempt to publicly humiliate someone with a stutter for the way that they speak be acceptable?
No, the same as I wouldn't ridicule someone about, for example, their accent. However, having a stutter or an accent doesn't give someone carte blanche to say daft things and if they did then they should expect to be picked up it and shouldn't be surprised.

Quote:
Likewise, would an attempt to publicly humiliate someone with Touretts Syndrome be referred to as saying 'daft things' following an outburst caused by their tick be made?
See my previous comment.

Quote:
Probably not (I hope!), but it does go to show that some people still regard those with neuro diversity issues as fair game and it has to stop.
What has to stop are people thinking their conditions should be a free pass to get away with each and every action and the consequences. Would you be ok with a known paedophile claiming they should be allowed to do what they want because of their condition? Would you be OK being robber by a registered drug addict because they had to do it to feed their habit? I could go on but I hope even you can get the picture.

Oh, and one last thing. My comment wasn't aimed at you, it was just adding to your list of things you considered to be unacceptable. But I suppose as they say, if the cap fits and all that!
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote