View Single Post
Old 29-06-2021, 09:56   #200
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: GB News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Neil said from the outset that it would not be a rolling news channel, however, I think that is a mistake, even if it just allocated specific times of the day to rolling news, or have top of the hour bulletins for 15 minutes and then it can choose to discuss elements of those topics brought up after within the same hour.
I think the problem is there doesn't seem to be much of a market for an opinion-led news channel on British Television. It's the type of thing people get on YouTube or other social media.

I know they want to clip their segments for social media but they're doing so at the cost of a major operation whereas YouTube channels are usually a freelance presenter with a camera. Those YouTube channels will get more views as well.

I can't see how GB News is viable in the long term unless they turn this around. They're getting fewer people than Sky News and Sky News runs at a loss subsidised by the wider Sky Television offering. GB News needs to be profitable in it's own right.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote