View Single Post
Old 18-01-2021, 18:39   #8397
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
No, I was referring to StarzPlay, but sorry for any confusion. I could have picked Acorn or Britbox, but I was comparing the amount of good, watchable content available on the various streamers. The StarzPlays, Acorns and Britboxes of this world pale into insignificance when compared to the big players and ultimately, the price differences will reflect this.

However, there is no doubt that the addition of Star and sports content will push the price up.
I don't think there's any stated intention to offer sports in the UK. Disney's Western brand for sports is EPSN and that's currently licensed to BT Sport.

The confusion seems to have arisen in that instead of using the part-owned Hulu brand for their adult-orientated content, Disney will be using their Star brand from India, which is heavily associated with cricket coverage. However, it looks like it's just the brand that's being used and not the content.