View Single Post
Old 29-10-2017, 12:07   #132
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Linear is old tech - on demand is the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
They certainly are not the cheapest around example 1 cities skylines on ps4 Amazon price (with prime add £1.99 for none prime) £34.99, Argos price £24.99 quite a big difference.
Example number 2 rise of the tomb raider ps4 Amazon price £37.99, HMV price £29.99 Argos price £19.99 the list goes on.
Also worth noting the Argos and HMV prices were not special offers either.
Amazons live tv is a rip off too if you wanted everything you'd be better of sticking with VM or Sky and this is coming from a cord cutter.
Quite often i find what i want much cheaper elsewhere than Amazoin and no i'm not pirating the items OB lol.

Yes, I agree that some items are more expensive, but many items are cheaper than you can get elsewhere. I've not heard anyone accuse Amazon of being a 'rip off' before, I think that is unfair.

As for their TV side, I don't really find many of the channels they offer to be of interest to me. They are certainly expensive if you want to subscribe to them all, but their offering is designed to benefit those who have one or two specific channels to suit their needs. For them, it's quite a saving over even the most basic satellite or cable subscription. Having said that, I am surprised that they don't offer a package that pays for all the channels on offer, which would be attractive to some and would generate more paying customers.

Some don't much like the fact that some of their films and TV series are chargeable, but these are the programmes for which Amazon do not hold the rights. Personally, I only watch the Prime stuff, but it's nice to know that there's other stuff on there if you need it, albeit with a charge.