View Single Post
Old 19-10-2017, 21:43   #428
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
There is also increasing right-wing extremism in America. We've seen it in Norway and the UK to lesser extents. There seems to be a far-right resurgence everywhere which I would put down to the aftermath of the 2008 crisis, a feeling of insecurity over increasing globalisation and in some cases cultural insecurity. I also think people who were always Nazish feel more confident expressing it. The internet has allowed these people to organise better and so on.

The EU feeds into the globalisation thing but I don't think the EU is the main driver, or even a large driver, of this far-right surge.
It doesn't matter what the main drivers are, the fact is that the EU is moving far more to the right mainly driven by migration issues so let's not buy into all the usual lefty guff that Jonny Foreigner haters only live in the UK.

And back in the world of trade deals:

Quote:
After the news that Germany is seeking a “comprehensive trade accord” with Britain post-Brexit, now Sweden is drawing up plans for the next stage of talks. The Swedish government has asked its National Board of Trade to report on what they want from a trade deal by the end of January.
https://order-order.com/2017/10/19/s...t-trade-plans/