View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 17:04   #613
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Government & Post Election Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i have two sons both adults and both voted for brexit ,we all made our choice for our own reasons , no one can see the future we can only strive to make it a good and prosperous one, hopefully not shackled to the EU. That is what the country voted for and i hope that is what the government delivers and not a diluted version driven by political infighting ,the way things are going it looks like we will just walk away and i'm fine with that as long as we are out .
i haven't got involved in the new brexit thread because it's just going round in circles and going nowhere .
I genuinely don't understand this attitude unless you actually believe the propaganda outlets like the Express push out. The Express is venomous on this because its owner doesn't like the EU's anti-tax avoidance legislation taking effect in 2019, I've no idea why a 'normal' person would be. This would be the worst possible outcome.

Here're some thoughts on the impacts on the NHS of the scenario you are fine with, not that you're going to read it - if you're fine with 'no deal' you most definitely haven't looked into it:

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/la...926-8/fulltext

We have no real contingency planning for this scenario. We have acquired no land, set aside no funding and made no planning applications for new customs facilities. Our new customs IT system, even assuming it's ready in time, will not be capable of handling the load - we need more time at very least and ideally some kind of trade deal in place.

Of course if you can supply some concrete benefits that wouldn't be massively outweighed by the downsides I'd be very happy to hear them. If you can do that let's continue this conversation in the Brexit thread. A thread that is not going around in circles at all, it reflects the changing situation. You may not like what is being said there and you may not like that posts like the ones you've put on this thread aren't acceptable there, but if you can have a mature and sensible conversation I'm very open to it.

I would remind you that my main position in all of this has been EFTA/EEA - which is not membership of the EU. My desire to cancel the whole affair kicked in when it became very clear that, having suggested this was the most likely scenario of an exit, this was cast aside and the most extreme interpretation of the result put forward.

Given you're a father of two adult children you must have some reasons why you don't want the UK in the EEA, right? Let's hear them on there.