View Single Post
Old 22-08-2017, 19:44   #2290
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Willy waiving and handbags at dawn. I'll give it to you guys, you make your point and stick to your guys. Keeps the thread active and lively.

Just a wee update. Next month Boxnation was supposed to offer their first PPV event. On SKY Boxnation HD doubles up as their PPV channel. Subscribers to Boxnation get the HD channel at no additional charge. Those without a Boxnation subscription can watch fights on the channel on a PPV basis. It's a weird set up. I thought Boxnation HD might launch on Virgin Media ahead of September's PPV show however I've seen suggestions the fight will air on BT Sport and Boxnation. Looks like no PPV after all. Could mean Boxnation HD still no closer to being on Virgin Media.... yet
Maybe this is what the PPV slate that jj20x has spotted?

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
No problem.

MTV Beats is on TS ID 18 with a service ID of 1812.

Testing on EPG slot 841 in the International section of the EPG. It has flags for the Mix, M+, L/Fun & XL/Full House packs.

It is testing on 5 internal VM networks.
It's a Hindi music channel, so I guess that's why it's in the international section as opposed to the music genre.

Perhaps VM have signed a new deal with Viacom.

I wonder why they put the V Festival on Ch 100? Maybe it's simply just for extra exposure as VM have sponsored it, or does it allow those in lower packs to view it??

---------- Post added at 18:36 ---------- Previous post was at 18:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Thanks for info.

That DNP order has not been lifted it some other channels.

Is FreeSports on the SDT?

Waiting on information from our sources.
Freesports has just started testing on satellite (where I believe VM will be getting their feed), so VM haven't been able to start testing thus far. I think that we might see something very soon now that VM are able to start tests as the channel starts at the end of this month.

---------- Post added at 18:44 ---------- Previous post was at 18:36 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
a516Digital is reporting that Norwich's local TV channel Mustard TV is being sold That's TV.

http://www.a516digital.com/2017/08/n...o-be-sold.html
From what I've read, That's TV seem to survive my simulcasting Talking Pictures with a short local news bulletin repeated throughout the day.

On one occasion, it was reported that they had Mondays news on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday! On the Thursday, Norwich viewers were given the news from York!!

I guess one positive thing is that (depending on the Freeview tx arrangements in the Norwich area), some people may now be able to receive Talking Pictures if they can't receive the temporary HD muxes.