View Single Post
Old 18-08-2017, 18:11   #135
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: US: Violent clashes Charlottesville

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
And you're misrepresenting history, Virginia amongst others voted for session because they didn't want to fight other Southern States or isn't that relevant
What does that have to do with what I said? He still took up arms for the side picking a fight over, primarily, slavery. You keep trying to make out as if Slavery was almost a minor aspect of the civil war rather than one of the central causes. I've said a number of times that there were other factors but every history I've read of it has slavery at its heart.

I don't even care that much about a statue because I've never see it or have to live near it but I am frustrated by people's unwillingness to understand why honouring confederate leaders and symbols upsets people.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote