View Single Post
Old 06-08-2017, 21:45   #2504
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It's not about proving anything. I just refute the suggestion, the older generation are the cause for a warmer climate. Every human, that walks on this Earth is accountable.

Other issue is, how we got on to this topic when climate changes, has nothing to do with Brexit.
You felt that Mr K's statement "At least we've given them a nice ever warming climate... " suggested that older people were less responsible about the environment than younger people so navigated the debate towards Glastonbury.

Challenge me to find a link to global warming and Brexit and I'll do my best to oblige you. Here's a recent article by a leading nuclear scientist that discusses how Theresa May's Brexit will kill off her own plans for a green car revolution... which can't be good for global warming.

Quote:
Over time, the UK will likely be able to closely replicate the relationship that currently exists with Euratom; however, we will have to leave Euratom in March 2019, giving us just 20 months to replicate something that has taken decades to create.
Many experts think it will take at least five years to put in place all the necessary arrangements, and that is generous given the Government is struggling over issues such as chlorinated chicken.
The reason every single expert in the civil nuclear industry, the nuclear medicine industry and scientists alike are so baffled by the Government’s decision is that it is completely unnecessary and has zero benefits. The best case scenario is that we spend an enormous amount of money, time and resources to create the same situation we have now. No one is calling for anything other than close scientific cooperation with our allies.
However, the risks are immense...
The Government has been clear about the need to decarbonise our electricity supply and that our transport should be powered by ever-greener electricity. This requires investment, policy certainty and a pragmatic and sensible approach to how we shape our energy policy.
Our decision to leave Euratom delivers none of these things. It is short-sighted, counter-productive and dangerous. That is why there is not a single advocate for our leaving Euratom – other than the Government’s lawyers.
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7877611.html

Last edited by 1andrew1; 06-08-2017 at 21:55.