View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 16:32   #3559
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Er, I think I know what I am paying for, old chap, and as I have already pointed out, my recordings are proof of the pudding.

There are fewer and fewer recordings of Sky and other pay channels as time goes on as quality and choice go down the pan, most recordings now tend to be from the terrestrials and a huge chunk of my viewing comes from Netflix and Amazon. I have caught up with many of the shows I missed on Sky Atlantic through Now TV.

And to answer your question, if things get much worse, I will indeed pull the plug on these pay channels. I may go for a Freeview Recorder and get the rest of my viewing from streaming services for less than £35 per month.

Sky, demonstrably, is having increasing difficulty preventing their subscribers from leaving, which is why they are going to such lengths to retain them. The diminishing amount of decent choice and increasing prices is causing this.
I prefer to say the packages are bloated but this is the same problem for both Sky and Virgin. In the US more and more packages are popping up (Skinny Bundles) just as Sky has already done with Now TV. I expect this will be the way forward.

The traditional packages are extremely expensive however many still choose them as they offer them a greater mix of content for example Sports , Sports News , Wider range of Documentaries etc. I can see your point for non Sports fans however I'm different in the sense I probably watch the Sky channels more than any of the other pay ones. Just my personal viewing but I never watch the likes of W , Alibi , Comedy Central , MTV etc.

Last edited by muppetman11; 02-08-2017 at 17:02.