View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 18:51   #2247
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post

And here we go again - another leading remainer who just won't let it go.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40547733

It's a bit rich whining on about Brexiteers taking umbrage all time when we're subject to a diet of this sort of thing on a daily basis in spite of the referendum result. The 'letting go' has to be done by those who lost the vote not the other way around.
He's not ceasing to let it go. He's analysed the situation and has said that no Brexit is a possibility. I can't see why anyone could be offended by someone talking in theoretical terms. HS2 may never happen. Heathrow airport expansion may never happen. I think all three will happen but I can't see any offence in mentioning the possibility however slim. Our forefathers fought for freedom of speech and we shouldn't ban politicians from espousing views that we personally disagree with unless they incite others to commit crimes etc.

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Nobody is seriously disputing that but just look at the evidence to see which side was responsible for most of the lies and scare stories.

Now what we're seeing is the losing side refusing to accept it and trying every trick in the book to overturn the result. That is perfectly clear and utterly reprehensible.
We will have to disagree on this. In my opinion, neither side were angels but the Leave campaign were guiltier with blatant factual lies whereas the Remain campaign talked about what might happen.
If the country does continue to change its mind in 2019 when the deal is announced (and currently 54% are in favour of remaining) it does put politicians in an impossible situation.