View Single Post
Old 19-06-2017, 16:59   #153
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Huge fire at West London tower block

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
So has the government not tried the same with their £5million fund? Does this mean that if your house now burns down through no fault of your own you are going to be entitled to approx. £5,500 plus all the other expenses the government have promised? I don't begrudge the people affected anything, but the 'scheme' was only announced when it became apparent how badly HMG had handled things.

Cheers

Dave
HMG has been forced to step in as a result of the chaos which has unfolded in Kensington and the desperate need to get something done about a disaster problem which the LA clearly couldn't cope with. Corbyn is telling everyone Labour care more about the homeless yet his party have done very little about the problems I highlighted whether the homeless in general or the conditions within these tower blocks which at least the LA concerned were trying to improve even if it all went terribly wrong. What was that block like when Labour were in Government for 13 years. If it was such an important cause why was it left for the evil Tories to undertake? If the last Labour government had passed the law and got on with the job there'd have been no need for this refurbishment and the use of flammable materials would have been outlawed.

Why on earth would a serious party leader recommend seizing property, with all the complicated legal (and other) ramifications and huge costs that would have, when it would be far easier/quicker and make more sense just to rent accommodation for the families concerned until suitable permanent housing be found? He's done it for one reason only, to stir up more us v them hatred in just the same way as they've done countless times in my lifetime. The sort of hatred in which buildings are burned and ironically people could have died. I hope his totally irresponsible stirring doesn't turn out to cost lives too.

If Corbyn's going to tell us that Labour would do it all differently he'll have to explain why they didn't do that all before not just whine on and on about what the Tories should be doing in the immediate aftermath of a disaster.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote