View Single Post
Old 17-05-2017, 19:33   #1435
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Yes, something like that, while I understand the workings of the Electoral College, it's the inner workings of the Constitution that I think sometimes it may be flawed.
I think you would get resistance from almost any democratic system if the bureaucracy is uncooperative. Imagine how the civil service could cripple the government here if they really wanted. The United States, for better or worse, has more political appointments than we do though. I prefer our system as moving staff in and out of positions every 4/8 years seems inefficient.

Quote:
There should be a independent system that does the checks and balances, right now it depends on political parties, who naturally have an axe to grind with their opposition. I absolutely agree Trump needs to be investigated but by a non-biased political entity.
Well the judiciary is the third, independent, branch. Many judges are political appointees but are then immune from political interference. Trump has the other branch in the hands of the Republicans.

A special prosecutor is the best solution here. Independent of congress and the White House.

---------- Post added at 19:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:48 ----------

Chaffez has officially invited Corney to testify next Wednesday: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...dnesday-238512