View Single Post
Old 17-05-2017, 11:00   #1428
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Well we don't know yet. It appears this is just one of the documents Corney has according to the article and maybe he is waiting until congress calls him to justify to release more and enter testimony to the record.

The (Republican) head of the House Oversight Committee has already requested the memo and any other documents to investigate it. There may be nothing there but that's probably going to be decided by congress.

At this rate Trump is more likely to get in serious trouble over how he is acting over this investigation than anything the investigation, left to it's own devices, might find. It's often said that it's the cover-up that kills you but it's something else if that cover-up is of something that was never a problem in the first place.

Trump would do better to say 'there is nothing there, you go ahead with the investigation to confirm it' rather than acting up. If you're worried about partisan interference from congress than appoint a Special Prosecutor or an Independent bi-partisan commission. At the moment, even if there is nothing there at all, he isn't helping himself.
There has not been a cover up though. The investigation still is ongoing McCabe, acting FBI Director made a legal testimony that there had been no effort to impede the investigation. If there was ever a trial with Trump in the dock, I'd say this was a start to great defence.

If Trump said 'I hope you can let this go, Flynn is a good guy' and Comey has apparently said in response, 'I agree, he is a good guy.' Comey is hanging himself out to dry for sitting on this, if true and not reporting the alleged conversation with congress at the time. Democrats can scream obstruction of justice, impeachment blah blah, all they want but from a legal standpoint, no crime has been committed because the investigation is still ongoing, firing Comey did not and would not stop it.

I was watching CNN last night and even they had a lawyer on saying it was not obstruction of justice. That Comey sitting on this, if it's true, that him doing nothing, could see himself in trouble.

---------- Post added at 11:00 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
the world's not that unstable but he might be....
I can think of a few unstable individuals, those specifically who mock democracy and cherish the EU, and don't see it for what it really is. A totally corrupt pile of garbage.