Thread: General VM Hubs as WiFi hot spots
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2017, 12:32   #104
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: VM Hubs as WiFi hot spots

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The opt out restrictions have been removed.

Broadband customers can use Virgin Media WiFi no matter which kit they have or in what state the kit is in.
Good news! So, even if VM cannot use my public WiFi hotspot cpacity because I am in modem-only, I can still benefit.

This was the only possible and reasonable outcome, given that 'modem only' is a built-in option used as a selling point. Watch out for VM firmware that makes modem only a more difficult option, that relies upon new customers not being that bothered about having their own routers.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote