View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 13:33   #84
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: United Airlines: Passenger violently removed due to overbooking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Not defending anyone here because I haven't seen how it happened but head cuts tend to bleed profusely, even small ones, which often makes them look far worse than they are.
No, but you are still dealing with a potential head trauma, his head hitting the arm rest and I am sure I read it was hit with such force that it knocked him out briefly. He could have had a bleed on the brain for all we know, we cannot see that without scans/x-rays.

In any case, you do not pay for a service and expect to get assaulted when you have done nothing wrong.

Anyway, CEO has come out and now said that they will not use any force to remove passengers in future and I am pretty sure all other Airlines will not go down this route either but I am sure all others would have managed their overbooking issues better.

This now gives the upper hand to passengers because the BUMP offer, in cases of overbooking will now have to be so lucrative to encourage being BUMPED from that specific flight.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote