View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 10:06   #2820
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
I read somewhere that they insist on an ethernet connection directly to the modem or using powerline adaptors. The reason given was that the WiFi signal is not stable enough. Is there anybody on this forum that has had a WiFi only installation?
Hi Fixerman, I had my V6s installed yesterday and like a few of the others on here, both of mine are connected via Wi-Fi.

The engineer didn't even mention about setting them up with Ethernet, just went straight for Wi-Fi. One is in the living room with the Superhub - 95-100% connection strength and Second one is in the bedroom above the living room also getting near 100% signal strength.

Everything is working fine, both boxes are able to see recordings on each. I did turn off the snooze feature as I wasn't sure if both boxes need to be on for the recordings to be seen.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote