Thread: UK Timeline Doctor Who
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 14:02   #195
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Sorry to be blunt but this is complete bollards. An actor's physical characteristics are often central to the casting decision. TV shows spend millions on finding precisely the right locations, building sets and on CGI to fill in the bits that can't be realised otherwise, just so that everything looks exactly the way the director wants it to. To suggest that the same considerations suddenly don't apply when putting a human actor in the centre of the shot is nonsensical - it's a mindless platitude that only sounds good because it sounds inclusive.
I don't think I explained my point very well. When I said physical aspects, I meant that the actor's physical aspects should not exclude them from the part. If they can bring something to the character that enhances the character in some way, I think they should be good for the part regardless of gender/race/age/sexual persuasion etc.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote