View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 17:43   #1991
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
That ought to be obvious but we're in a environment when it isn't and when high profile people like Madonna attack Trump's 'extremism' by referring to bombing the Whitehouse or it sets the tone for a great many people, including some mad enough to try it. I hope she won't be surprised when she's on the receiving end of similarly disgusting and threatening remarks. Is this really the way we want to go?
What she actually said...

http://www.elle.com/culture/career-p...ch-transcript/
Quote:
It is the beginning of much needed change. Change that will require sacrifice, people. Change that will require many of us to make different choices in our lives, but this is the hallmark of revolution. So my question to you today is are you ready? I said, are you ready? Say yes, we are ready. Say, yes we are ready. One more time: you're ready.

"Yes, I'm angry. Yes, I am outraged. Yes, I have thought an awful lot of blowing up the White House, but I know that this won't change anything. We cannot fall into despair. As the poet, W.H. Auden once wrote on the eve of World War II: We must love one another or die.

"I choose love. Are you with me?
Say this with me: We choose love. We choose love. We choose love."
Quite different meaning when read in context - in fact, the total opposite of what was reported...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.