View Single Post
Old 26-01-2017, 09:46   #120
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
So what happens when the internet goes down, does that mean that you have no TV service?
I would imagine it would be like it was with the original VM TiVo: you'll lose On Demand and EPG updates for the duration of the outage but live TV services are fine. The boxes may not have a built-in modem anymore but presumably the V6 uses the Internet in pretty the same way except EPG updates are delivered through your web connection rather than through the coax.
We were without VM broadband for a few days last winter and TV on our TiVo's worked fine during that period. With the V6s I was playing around with my router settings when I first got them and frequently took the Internet down. TV continues until I started rebooting the V6s to pick up new DNS settings.
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote