Thread: Boxing MMA
View Single Post
Old 31-12-2016, 15:06   #225
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Boxing/MMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
I don't usually watch UFC and only watched it this morning because of the hype. All i can say is thank god the two fights before Ronda's were good, her fight was a complete waste of hers and everybody elses time, she didn't look like she belonged anywhere near the ring.
I generally only post cards worth watching for anyone new to the sport (I watch them all anyway)

It's just to attract new fans to the sport by avoiding cards I think will end up being a dud.

The Cruz fight you're on about is the fight that made sure I never posted this card. It's usually a 5 round snoozefest with him but man that was a hell of a fight, absolutely outclassed and I think a rematch would only serve Cody better now he knows he has everything he needs to trouble Cruz.

Onto Ronda again. No, she doesn't belong anywhere near the ring. She helped build the division and that's the only credit I have for her because other than that she's arrogant and alongside Dana White, a fraud. Fact is, the division is finally coming into it's own with better fighters and top talent coming through. Ronda's half assed skills won't cut it anymore. Her and Paul 'CM Punk' Brooks go hand in hand. Except his skills were never there. Again, the GIF's I posted are evidence of some pure BS, no one with that kind of form should be allowed to compete at a top level. She's essentially a punching bag for anyone that can throw a decent combo together.

Tonight marks the return of the legendary BJ penn. It's a card and a fight probably not worth watching even though it'll roll round here at 3am and after the New Year.

The way UFC and Dana white sold Rousey off as some phenom of MMA was disgraceful though, $3 million is her quoted earnings for the fight. The face of MMA is Conor McGregor, the only man that delivers, the most exciting man in the sport and by far the new 'Anderson Silva' of the sport. He literally runs UFC at this point and what he says, goes.

UFC 208 has a half decent card with some guaranteed action.
UFC 209 has a guaranteed knockout finish main event. Overeem vs Hunt. Overeem has a glass chin but great power. Hunt has a pretty solid chin and incredible one punch finishing power, someone will get floored and it'll likely be Overeem.
UFC 210 has yet to be announced but it's booked for the MGM in Vegas so expect a stacked card and a McGregor main event. Possibly the HW title fight too

Note: Not actually sure that 209 main even will go ahead as it's still unclear whether Mark Hunt is pursuing legal action against UFC over Brock Lesnar's PED usage and the fact Lesnar was paid as a winning fighter despite being stripped of the win since.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 31-12-2016 at 15:19.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote