View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 19:43   #1765
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
but the whole idea of downloading on demand stuff onto the hard drive would drive me up the wall.
Don't see why , it takes 2-3 seconds even for the UHD stuff to become available ,i seem to remember it took the same time for the old V+to load on demand content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jong1 View Post

[/COLOR]
You don't really notice the difference tbh. Once you start downloading you can start watching within a few secs, maybe 10 secs if its UHD (thanks Virgin 200Mb/s broadband!), from the same screen. One extra key press.

The difference is with Sky it's then on your disc afterwards until you delete. The plus side to this is you can rewind and fast forward (up to where you have downloaded) properly - always tricky with streamed shows. The minus is you have to delete it when you are done.
Even with my 40meg sky broadband it only takes 2-3 seconds .I don't see having to delete stuff as a problem .The wife records her soaps then deletes them ,why would she want to keep them ? I watch a film then delete it ,i've never been one for watching the same film over and over again